Tuesday 25 February 2014

Spring Flowers and Sandbags

I went on a lovely walk from Shoreham to Otford in Kent on Sunday. 
So many pretty spring flowers along the way.

Browsed the lovely antique shop at Otford and then had tea and cake in one of the tearooms before following the path back along the river. As you can see the arches of the bridge at Shoreham had almost disappeared as the water level was so high. The bridge and ford at Eynesford nearby were closed a few weeks ago as the river level was even higher then.
You get a sneaky peek at some lovely houses and gardens on the opposite side of the river as you walk along which I can never resist.
I wouldn't mind a stroll around this garden with all its beautiful topiary.
 
Don't think I've ever seen as many Snowdrops. There seemed to be large clumps and drifts of them everywhere. Very beautiful.
Some of the houses near to the river had sand bags outside the doors. 
I just hope they didn't get flooded.
A big hello to my new followers and I hope everyone has a lovely week.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful there, and I love the houses!! Have a wonderful week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Lovely to find your interesting blog.....I shall be back to read more.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and beautiful spring flowers. I think there is something so lovely about snowdrops.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty walk - you live in a lovely part of the world. I love to see snowdrops, they are so delicate. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jacqui, I envy you your beautiful walking paths. Someday I will visit!! Hope those wonderful little cottages didn't get too much flooding. We had a downpour last night with lots of thunder and lightening. I love to lay in bed and listen to it all, but Buddy gets so afraid and tries to hide in some of the most peculiar places, that I don't get to enjoy it as I'm so busy trying to save lamps and things from falling over. We are expecting more of the same which is a good things for our area..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacquie what a lovely place to walk.Such a shame about all the flooding but its nice seeing that despite everything spring is finding its way through and the flowers are blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post - snowdrops are my favourite flower x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi - love your blog!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is lovely to see all the flowers blooming in your area. I am sorry about all that rain! Hopefully all that flooding will bring about something good in the future.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete