Friday 17 February 2012

A Trip to the Coast


We popped down to Seasalter near Whitstable yesterday. It felt quite mild when we left home but it was bitterly cold on the Kent coast. We had a picnic on the beach (yes we are mad...) and then spent some time beach combing....drift wood for the fire (I've squirrelled a few pieces aside for future craft projects), seaweed for the allotment (a great fertiliser, compost activator & mulch) and sea urchin fossils. We then popped along to Whitstable to browse the shops and warm up. Finished with fish & chips in the car as the sun went down.

 Seasalter Beach

 Pebbles, Shells and Sand and a rare glint of Sunshine!


 Sea Urchin Fossils and a piece of driftwood which I have claimed.

 Looking out towards the exposed London Clay. I remember trudging through this as a kid with my brother & sister along the coast at Allhallows determined to get to the sea at low tide. 
 I couldn't resist this pretty teapot (£4 from the charity shop)
 and this 5 piece china set (£2). 
The cup is a different design to the plates & saucer but the colours and theme match well.

 I just love the autumnal design especially the apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment