Wednesday 29 February 2012

Inspiration - Gustav Klimt

Apple Tree 1912


Hopefully my apple tree will be laden with fruit just like this in years to come!
Beech Trees 1903


I can almost hear the crunch of leaves beneath my feet. (The trees look like Silver Birch to me though).

Pine Forest 1902

Garden Path with Hens 1916


Isn't this beautiful? I love the hens on the path and the cottage garden plants especially the towering Hollyhocks. Wouldn't this make a lovely embroidery?

Lady with a Fan


The colours in this painting are so bright and cheerful. They remind me of Kaffe Fassett's paintings of oriental pots (below).




Kaffe Fassett - Ginger Jar Series Yellow Still Life

A Morning by the Pond


So still and peaceful.
Attersea


Lovely muted colours. I can almost hear the waves lapping on the shore.
Orchard


Just imagine relaxing under the shade of these trees with the distant sound of birds tweeting and bees buzzing. Bliss. 


No comments:

Post a Comment